My little blue goat is finished and ready for hanging! At 11 x 20, he’s not very big, so why has it taken me so long to complete him? Ah, it’s so easy to get sidetracked these days. But finish him I did and I am pleased.
In the end, I decided against a binding and used another method to finish the quilt by turning in the top and bottom fabrics toward each other and slipstitching them together. The batting I used was some leftover scraps from my closet. It’s a bit thick, but OK for this small piece. Minimal quilting holds it all together. All the quilting is next to the embroidery or applique and doesn’t show on the front. The quilting was done by hand. Since I hadn’t used the machine for any of the previous stitching, I couldn’t see putting in machine quilting for this project.
The stitches show up well against the dark blue back, not necessarily a good thing, but OK by me. They won’t show once he’s hanging on the wall. The quilt does now have a hanging sleeve and a spot on the wall to call his own.