Does anyone remember the vessel from way back in March, seen here, that I started during the class with Sharon Costello? I’ve been working on it in bits and pieces, trying to figure out how to best embellish it. My tries with embroidery weren’t working out as I’d hoped. Eventually I settled for some couched fibers. The breakthrough occurred when I decided to use beads. I’m not much of a beader. I do like how beads look, but they don’t usually fit in with my vision or I don’t like how they are working. This time the beads did work well and I’ve got my vessel finished.
There is a cord running around middle of the vessel. It was added as part of the initial felt making process and placed between the silk cap that is on the outside and the outer layer of wool. I did some stitching to make it stand out more and not sink into the background.