Now that my rug is finished, I had to come up with a plan to use it. All the novelty yarns and fibers that are on it would not be durable for an actual rug and at 11×19 it was too small to be useful as a rug anyhow. I figured a pillow would work. How about a bolster?
The back, top, and bottom are a cotton navy velveteen. Sewing the rug to the fabric was tough. Even with a zipper foot, it was difficult to get close enough to the hooked part so that the canvas backing didn’t show. Let’s just say that the multiple rows of stitching will ensure that the canvas won’t fray.
I had a few felt balls that were just the perfect color. A little embroidered embellishment in #8 pearl cotton and they gave my man some extra pop. Embroidering them was as fun as the felt circles I made this past fall. My biggest concern is that Venus the cat has a thing for wool and has been rubbing the bag that the ball were stored in. So far she has ignored my man. Only time will tell if the balls survive.