Over the weekend, I made a crocheted necklace for my mother-in-law who is currently in the hospital. Since she crochets daily, I thought she would be intrigued. She was. A reader has asked me to provide instructions and here they are. This is my interpretation of a necklace that was given to me by a friend and which I have since seen at several craft shows.
The necklace is super simple to make.
ribbon yarn called “Trellis” or “Ladder” yarn
one small bead with a hole large enough for 10 strands of the yarn (pony bead works)
crochet hook, I used a 00 but others would work.
That’s it. The instructions are almost as easy as the supplies.
1. Make a slipknot 10″ from the end of the yarn.
2. Loosely crochet a 12″ chain. Cut a 10″ tail and pull through to knot.
3. Make 5 strands.
4. Hold all strands and knot them together 3″ from both ends of the chains.
6. Tie a final knot at the end of the shortest tail. Trim all ends even.
7. Slide the bead up or down to change the length of the necklace.